4-H Federation Meets
The Saline County 4-H Federation will hold a meeting on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the Extension office. We will be discussing upcoming events, including selling sodas at our summer 4-H shows. All Federation officers and delegates should plan to attend this meeting. We are having a Taco Bar for dinner.
4-H Management Committee to Hold Meeting
The Saline County 4-H Management Committee will hold a business meeting on Monday, June 17, 2019, at 8:00 p.m. at the Extension office.
All committee members and other interested adults and youth are encouraged to attend. Committee members include one adult representative from each 4-H club and the current Saline County 4-H Federation officers. We will be discussing and finalizing plans for our 2019 Saline County 4-H shows.
4-H Poultry Judging Returns to State Fair
The Illinois 4-H State Poultry Judging Contest will be held Wednesday, August 7, immediately following the State Fair Junior Poultry Show at about 4:30 p.m. in Building 105 of the State Fairgrounds in Springfield.
There is no limit to the number of exhibitors each county may send. Teams of three or four contestants may be submitted. The four top seniors (age 14-18 on Jan. 1, 2019) will compete as the Illinois team at the National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference in November. Registration begins at 4:00 p.m. Check out the state 4-H website on the Events page for all the details.
Tell Your 4-H Story
Everyone has a 4-H story. Now, you can win $50 for telling yours! Winners statewide will be selected and their 4-H story used in 2020. Here is everything you need to know.
* Your video should be no longer than 90 seconds.
* Your video should relate to one of these topics:
o Through 4-H, I’ve been able to…
o In my 4-H project, I’ve learned…
o 4-H has taught me to care about my community.
o 4-H has helped me feel welcomed by…
o I’ve strengthened my leadership skills through 4-H by…
o Here’s how 4-H has prepared me for my future career.
* Every video should end with “Because of 4-H, I… Thanks for helping me grow!
* Send the video file to us at illinois4H@illinois.edu or post it to YouTube and share the link in an email to us. Be sure to save the original file in case we need it later.
* Include your first name, your county, and your 4-H club name.
* A parent or friend can record you-you’re not being evaluated on the video but on your 4-H story. Of course, the more creative the video content, the better your chance of winning.
* It’s okay to tell your story over time. For example, you may want to be show a lamb when it’s born, as you work on it, then in the show ring and put all those clips together into your entry.
* Videos will be accepted through August 1. Winners will be announced and shown at the Illinois State Fair.
* Finalists may be asked to improve or edit their video to comply with Extension 4-H guidelines before their prize is awarded.
* Questions? Email Judy at illinois4H@illinois.edu.
4-H Federation Meets